- This program aims to familiarize the participants with the best practices of applying strategic planning in the Higher education organizations
- The program incorporates the excellence models for total quality management initiatives, change management and the accreditation in Universities and Higher education organizations
- It covers some technical issues such as IP management & technology transfer as well as sustainability green campus initiatives in Higher education.
- Understanding the role of innovation and research in positioning the universities at the competitive edge
- Being familiar with the standards and guidelines for quality assurance in the 21st century Higher education institutions.
- Understanding the importance of technology transfer in an academic environment especially artificial intelligence in Higher education
- Being able to adapt the current running systems to the changing world effectively
- Being aware of the necessities of strategic planning
- Understanding the importance of sustainability & green campus Initiatives.
Who Should Attend?
- University Presidents
- Vice Presidents
- College / Faculty Deans
- Head of Departments / Units
- Academicians involved in higher education planning and development
Total Quality Management Initiatives in Higher education: Excellence Models
- Presented The key notions of total quality management by emphasizing the fundamental contributions of quality gurus and how these concepts can help in the university setting
- How total quality management tools and techniques such as lean and six sigma approaches can assist the universities.
- The pursuit of academic excellence through international collaboration and continuous improvement strengthens competitive position of universities so that they can proactively shape their future to achieve effective and innovative educational systems.
Intellectual Property Management and Technology Transfer in Higher education
- Discuss the importance of intellectual property management and technology transfer in an academic environment.
- Enhance the awareness of university executives about this strategically and economically important subject matter.
- Review the historical development and current status of technology transfer in the world
- Present the Relationship between academic-based intellectual property performance and technology transfer licensing income.
- Display the Measurement of technology transfer potential and ways of improving technology transfer performance of a university.
- Present a newly developed technology transfer management model to enhance and accelerate technology transfer in developing countries.
- Understanding the Artificial intelligence in higher education
Accreditation in Universities
- Experiences gathered and lessons learned will be illustrated through case studies.
- Distinguish university and program accreditations where Global trends in accreditation, key milestones in the accreditation process, benefits and suggestions in pursuit of such activities will be reflected.
- Standards and guidelines for quality assurance in the 21st century higher education institutions will be pinpointed.
- Experiences of Turkish Higher education institutions with the international accreditation organizations will also be discussed such as European University Association (EUA), Washington Accord as well as national efforts such as YÖDEK model (The Commission of Academic Assessment and Quality Improvement), and establishment of MUDEK Engineering Evaluation Board.
Sustainability Green campus Initiatives
- Sustainability and green campus initiatives will be discussed, it includes introduction to sustainability, milestones in sustainability, policy and strategy for green campus, green campus elements, stakeholders of green campus, how to implement a green campus and plans & practices .
System Dynamics Models and Universities as Learning Organizations
- Provide a state-of-the art overview of systems thinking and dynamic simulation, its applications, and its potential for strategic management in higher education.
- Provide a brief discussion of the essentials of systems thinking (theory, philosophy) and what is meant by “systemic” strategic problems.
- Discuss the notion of “systemic complexity.”
- Define “dynamic feedback” problems and the role of systemic dynamic modeling and simulation (i.e. System Dynamics methodology) in tackling such strategic problems.
- Present the main concepts, methods and state of the art tools of System Dynamics modeling and simulation
- An overview of some selected models in typical (strategic management) applications, as well as alternative implementation methods/media.
- Discuss interactive simulation gaming and its potential role in organizational learning.
Change Management in Higher Education
- Discuss the Change Management in Higher Education: when it is necessary? How to find the direction for change? How to create a sense of urgency for change? How to form a leading team? How to develop a vision and strategy? How to communicate in the process of change? How to sustain the change? and finally the most critical success factors in managing change
Strategic Planning in Higher Education
- Discuss the strategic planning in higher education and the steps of applying it in the organizations.